League of Independent Book Retailer Insurance Services
Providing insurance coverage for independent booksellers since 1997.
The LIBRIS insurance program was created with the American Booksellers Association (ABA) to support the unique needs of bookstores and other specialty retailers.
With industry professionals who are knowledgeable and responsive, we will help you select the coverage that best suits your retail business.
The professionals at OnPoint Underwriting, a national leader in insurance solutions, manage the LIBRIS insurance program and provide quick, no-hassle claim resolution.
Created by the American Booksellers Association (ABA), the League of Independent Book Retailer Insurance Services (LIBRIS) has been working with independent bookstores since 1997. Working directly with business owners and local agents around the country, LIBRIS also provides coverage for other specialty retailers and publishers.
COVERAGE FOR SEASONAL INCREASE IN INVENTORY
- New store benefit. LIBRIS gives credit for previous bookstore experience or retail management experience for new bookstore owners.
- Coverage for visiting authors. Unlike most insurance programs, LIBRIS covers visiting authors as additional insureds.
- Website/computer coverage. LIBRIS offers $50,000 in website coverage and $5,000 for computer fraud at no additional cost.
- Seasonal increase in merchandise is covered. LIBRIS accounts for increased inventory at no additional charge.
- Used book benefit. LIBRIS values used book inventory at the cost to replace with like kind and quality, and does not depreciate used books after a loss.
- Special event coverage. LIBRIS understands that bookstore events are a common activity and coverage needs to be built into the policy.
- Off-premises coverage for exhibitions and conferences. LIBRIS includes coverage for inventory and property used for off-site events, an important part of your business.
- Low rates — Our premiums are stable and affordable
- Exceptional service — Our knowledgeable insurance professionals understand the bookselling industry
- Peace of mind — Our insurance is backed by Great American Insurance Group, an “A-” rated insurance company by A.M. Best Company
- Fast claims — Our expert team efficiently handles all claims from start to finish
- Dividends — Policyholders are eligible to receive dividends when the program earns underwriting profits
Already working with an insurance agent or broker?
Have your agent call us at 888-694-8585 and we’ll get them setup to start your tailored quote right away.
Bookstore owners need an insurance policy that protects their investment, is easy to understand and is priced right. The LIBRIS policy is designed to address the loss exposures unique to bookstores at low rates.
LIBRIS INSURANCE COVERAGE FOR BOOKSELLERS:
- Business interruption/extra expense
- Business liability protection
- Computer equipment/software
- Coverage for cafés/restaurants
- Liquor Liability
- Employee benefits liability
- Employee dishonesty
- Fine arts
- Replacement cost for buildings and business personal property
- Glass – Interior/exterior
- Hired and non-owned auto liability
- Tenants’ legal liability
- Used and rare books
- Valuable papers/accounts receivable
- Workers’ compensation
INCLUDED ON EVERY POLICY
- $2 million per occurrence/$4 million aggregate business liability limit
- $2 million personal and advertising injury
- $100,000 tenant legal liability
- $100,000 personal property at newly acquired premises
- $25,000 for outdoor signage
- $5,000 in medical payments per person
- Business interruption — All loss sustained up to 12 months
BUSY SEASON & EXPANSION
No-Hassle Adjustments for Peak Season
LIBRIS automatically increases your inventory coverage by 25% during your peak selling season. Whether your increase is due to tourism, back to school sales or seasonal holidays, we take care of it for you.
Opening a New Store?
LIBRIS offers the ideal insurance program for new storeowners. We offer a flexible premium payment plan with no penalties for start-up operations.
ADDITIONAL PROPERTY COVERAGES
|Money and securities*||$25,000 in, $10,000 out|
|Valuable Papers*||$50,000 in, $10,000 out|
*Limits can be increased
|$500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000|
|Employee dishonesty||Up to $100,000|
|Building ordinance||Up to $100,000|
|Food spoilage||Varies per risk|
|Employee benefits||Varies per risk|
|Equipment breakdown||Up to limit quoted|
|Hired/non-owned automobile||Up to $1 million|
|Liability Coverages||Umbrella liability|
The above is a summary of coverage, not a contract for insurance. For additional information, terms, conditions, restrictions or limitations, contact a LIBRIS insurance representative.
Independent bookstores are the cornerstones and of their communities and a welcoming place for their customers. Here are some kind words and testimonials from current independent bookstore LIBRIS policyholders.
“It’s designed especially for bookstores, with more features and lower costs. And the folks are so great to work with.”
Chuck Robinson, Village Books
“As far as insurance goes, they are the best I’ve ever worked with.”
Laure Laundry, Boulder Bookstore
“We have received good coverage and excellent customer service.”
Roger Cohen, Penn Concessions, Inc.
New York, NY
“LIBRIS is a BIG win for the booksellers – reduced costs for more coverage!”
Pat Ginther, Brown Book Shop, Inc.
“My rep is incredibly responsive and follows through immediately. I feel like I have my own personal insurance consultant.”
Terry Loucheim Gilman, Mysterious Galaxy Bookstore
San Diego, CA
“In the aftermath of Sandy, our LIBRIS agent was a true advocate on our behalf, helping us get coverage and be back in business quickly.”
Patience Banister, Bank Square Books
Our bookstore insurance specialists are available from
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Mountain Time, Monday through Friday.
888.694.8585 | LIBRIS@OnPointUnderwriting.com
8390 E. Crescent Parkway, Suite 200
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Business Development Specialist
O 303.834.4539 | F 888.221.0051
JUDI YACOVAZZI, CISR, AIS
O 303.834.4538 | F 888.221.0051